Coordinators Scholarship Program
Purpose of the Program:
A scholarship program has been established to provide financial assistance to Residency Program Coordinators who wish to attend the annual meeting of the Association of Program Coordinators in Radiology (APCR), held in conjunction with the annual meeting of the Association of University Radiologists each spring. The APCR members fund the scholarship program so another colleague has the opportunity to attend the annual AUR meeting for professional development and to network with other coordinators.
Two scholarships are available:
- $2,000 to a veteran coordinator who is an APCR member
- $2,000 to a new coordinator with less than two years’ experience. The new coordinator must be an APCR member.
Scholarship Selection Committee:
The APCR Scholarship Selection Committee will review all applications.
Notification and Solicitation for Scholarship Applications:
Applications will be distributed via e-mail to every Coordinator who is a member of the APCR. Applicants should complete the application, outlining how attendance at the conference will benefit the Coordinator and his/her program, as well as their financial needs. Signature of the Program Director indicates his/her support.
- Selection will be based on financial need and where funding would have the most impact.
- Priority will be given to Coordinators attending the conference for the first time, those who serve on national committees, or those Coordinators who will be presenting at the educational sessions.
- One alternate will be chosen each year, in case the coordinator selected for funding will be unable to attend.
In May 2003, a donation to the APCR Scholarship Fund was made by the Alumni of the Department of Radiology at the University of Chicago.