APDR conducts regular surveys of its membership. These survey results can be accessed using the links in the left navigation. Members who are interested in accessing the APDR mailing list should review the APDR Email/Mailing List Policy.
Approved September 9, 2021
No individual surveys will be sent to APDR membership December 15- February 15 so as not to conflict with the APDR Annual Survey. A maximum of 2 external surveys will be sent quarterly to the membership. This survey process is only available to APDR members.
The process for independent surveys submitted for distribution outside of the above blocked dates is:
- All surveys requests will submit a standardized application form via Survey Monkey, in addition to the survey itself, for APDR approval.
- Surveys expected to result in presentation or publication will be required to demonstrate institutional IRB approval.
- Survey Monkey or similar instrument must be utilized.
- Prior to distribution, survey applications and surveys will be reviewed and approved by the APDR Survey Committee review team which will use a blinded review process to assess all applications. Part of the review process will be to analyze if any proposed survey questions will detract from or duplicate questions for upcoming official APDR surveys. The APDR president can determine her/his degree of involvement in this process.
- A single reminder email will be sent 2 weeks following the initial survey email
- A pdf of the results of approved independent surveys must be sent to APDR in a timely fashion. We expect that 18 months would allow enough time for conference presentation and manuscript submission. After this time, results will be posted to the Members Only section of the APDR website. Submitting a survey for approval and subsequent distribution to APDR members indicates the applicant’s agreement to post results for a survey to APDR’s website.
- General information about the survey – such as title, deadlines, and link to results – may be featured in any APDR President’s message, APDR Newsletter or social media links, subject to the approval of the APDR President and the APDR Electronic Communications Committee Chair. Submitting a survey for approval and subsequent distribution to APDR members indicates the applicant’s agreement that general information about the survey may be disseminated via APDR communications or social media.
Independent surveys will be archived after three years, unless otherwise directed by the APDR President and/or APDR Electronic Communications Committee Chair. These archived surveys will remain available to APDR members on the website.